Recently Lynn Richards over at Blue Skies wrote Top 10 Reasons Why I Quit Blogging. It inspired me to write my own list because I’m getting a little behind at my own blog, TreasuredbyGod.com. Here is my list, in no particular order.
7. Even though I have been writing a lot this last year, I just can’t publish everything. Some stories will have to wait—for death, retirement or a really good pseudonym, if you get my drift.
6. I have been doing more art projects as a result of Lynn Richards and Sue Robson’s Word of the Year at the Burrage Mansion. As a result, our Bible study group has decided to do art monthly. We will be giving our minds a rest while our hearts come out and play.
5. I have so many books to be read, and so little time. Reading makes you a better writer so its sort of like going to the gym, but less sweat and no spandex.
4. I had the amazing privilege to be the editor (and publisher) for Dr. Walter Bramson’s book, Revelation Decoded: The Easiest Book in the Bible which was published recently. This was a very long pregnancy so I am enjoying a well-deserved maternity leave. As a result, they call me The Book Midwife, a title I will cherish. You can see more about his book here.
3. I have a new job, which leaves me exhausted at the end of the day, so blogging has fallen down the priority list. Despite my fatigue, sometimes I can’t sleep at night so I get up and write. Unfortunately, my productivity suffers the next day…
2. We’ve had a lot of home maintenance going on. The discovery of termites led to removing the deck which led to installing a new roof which was followed by fumigating the house and now the men are rebuilding the deck. (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie....) None of these projects involve me, but someone has to supervise…
1. I have been savoring the awesome vision that God gave my friend Eric. This turned into a story and an art project and may even inspire me to start blogging again at TreasuredbyGod.com.
I really tried to come up with 10 reasons like Lynn did but to no avail. Now I need to go take a nap, which might be the eighth reason I haven’t blogged in a while.
GENEVA CHINNOCK works as a nurse and has lived in Southern California for longer than she wants to admit. She is a writer and author of Becoming His Beloved: Journey into the Father’s Affection and is now delighted to be called the Book Midwife. She blogs about matters of faith at TreasuredbyGod.com.